View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Any auto guys having this problem or just the MT's?

Anyone know what the service interval is for the diff offhand -- is there one?
Fluid swap at 30k miles. i do mine every 10k given how nasty it looks.

As for the noise, it's either the ECU or your fuel pump. The ECU is in the passenger footwell. You should hear the whine more if you turn an ear towards that area. If you can verify that's the sound, your dealer can exchange it for you under warranty. The fuel pump is in the fuel tank directly behind the seats, under the luggage racks. I especially hear my fuel pump when I start the car up and it's cold.

The rear differential can make noise when you're going slowly in first gear. However, I wouldn't expect you'd hear any sound from it on the highway at 70mph.