View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jordan777er
Base Member

Drives: 2005 ZX-6R
Jordan777er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
An eclipse a good place to start at ur age n experience. The z is one of those cars that when u drive it. Its really the kind that u need experience for. Drive by wire sport steering is a whole other ballpark from typical cars. So is rwd. Right now ur in a fwd. So my advice is get into an average hp rwd with great handling and drive by wire steering. Look at a 2000 bmw 328I or 220. You can go a couple years lower or higher depending on your budget. That way u can get used to rwd in the rain n snow if ur in that area. The bmw is fast as well but manageble for new drivers... I would say about 2 years in that car would prepare you for the power of a Z. Remember... anyone can keep a car str8 change lanes and turn. But driving is more than that and more than just going fast.
But very few understand the true dynamics of driving.
Real drivers take the time to earn there stripes.
So wen u in a sports car. U can respect that machine for what it is.
That is the difference between steering a car and driving one.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm sticking with the Eclipse until I earn my commission with the USAF in 2011. I'm already familiar with RWD, so that's not really an issue. My dad drives a 330i and he also has an old Vette (I guess his love of cars rubbed off on me) so after driving those I'm completely comfortable with it.
Jordan777er is offline   Reply With Quote