View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
DOOMMONKEY777
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 6psd-sport-pkg
DOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I'm going to say its unlikely that you can get it to work without some serious money. The overhead cam V8's are pretty wide and will not just "drop in" without some major modification to the car. There is going to be a lot of suspension and frame modification required to make the engine fit, and a lot of trial and error to get the car to run right. If you're not willing to spend $50k+ on the project you're going to end up with a half-assed effort that hasn't been tested enough to ensure that EVERYTHING functions properly.

A better bet would be an LS engine. They fit in the 350s and would most likely fit in a 370 with less work than it required to cram in an OHC engine. Plus, it's a better engine than a VK50 anyways. More power, more potential, and more cost-effective. Not to mention you have a wide selection of transmission options.
I see, so the plot thickens

[/QUOTE]knock the fenders back, use a vk56 titan engine, should bolt up to the new hr/vhr/vk bell-housing pattern, figure out the clutch, knock back the firewall, get a raised hood, fab in some new mounts, figure out if the oil pan will fit then, just throw a standalone at it.

Menard racing 700hp N/a drysump vk56 trophytruck engine.[/QUOTE]

Well i was thinking about a VK56, but i thought it would just be way tooo big.
If it bolts right up i rather go with it.

[/QUOTE]To test and tune this motor, you are better off getting a motec ecu because it's a customizable as it gets. The amount of work and know how to actually build this thing is not worth it, and you are better off getting a GT-R.[/QUOTE]

motec ECU sweet!!. And i dont really like the GT-R unless its the R34 Manual tranny baby Mmmm w/ a RB26DETT its like having a cake and eating it too
why o why didnt nissan let them test crash 5 R34's they would have made soo much $ in the US

[/QUOTE]I'm going to say its unlikely that you can get it to work without some serious money. The overhead cam V8's are pretty wide and will not just "drop in" without some major modification to the car. There is going to be a lot of suspension and frame modification required to make the engine fit, and a lot of trial and error to get the car to run right. If you're not willing to spend $50k+ on the project you're going to end up with a half-assed effort that hasn't been tested enough to ensure that EVERYTHING functions properly.

A better bet would be an LS engine. They fit in the 350s and would most likely fit in a 370 with less work than it required to cram in an OHC engine. Plus, it's a better engine than a VK50 anyways. More power, more potential, and more cost-effective. Not to mention you have a wide selection of transmission options. [/QUOTE]

And ive also seen an LS engine in an RX7, it had no heat or a/c and it was loud as hell, but damn it ran nice. Am just trying to keep it a JDM here
+ something unique.

i dont mind making the car AWD but i would also like to keep Manual tranny,

Thanx to all for all your help i am currently open for all ideas to make the car unique as possible so dont be afraid to drop a line and tell us all your story/wish list