View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #110 (permalink)
elmz
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Porsche Boxster
elmz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb View Post
FYI - I tried installing this device in my 2011 Z and could not get the car to start, so I returned it. I don't know if it was defective or what? I did have trouble getting the cable connector to seat properly; it would not snap into place like you would expect, and I did not want to apply too much force because of my fear the CHEAP BRITTLE plastic might crack in the process.

Honestly, my perception of the Booster is that it's very, very, very cheaply made. I was very disappointed. The plastic case they use can't cost more than 10 cents. You would think they could do better for the $300 dollars they charge.
I had the exact same issue and view on the product. Anyone can tell it is cheaply made, and the design is generic, so it doesn't fit like it should. My car also would not start when installed, but it started right up without it. I informed the vendor, sent the bad one back, and waited for a new one. Although I had to go through all that, I was happy in the end. Sure its cheap, but it works, and I haven't had any issues since.

Send it back and give it another chance. You have 30 days to send it back for a full refund if you aren't happy with it.