View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #76 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
Got my car back today, and I consider this issue resolved. The new ECU isn't perfectly silent, but it's good enough. I can hear the sound when the cabin is quiet, but even then it's pretty subtle. The other 99% of the time, I forget about it completely which wasn't possible previously. If I hadn't been so annoyed by the sound over the past couple weeks, I wouldn't be listening for it and probably would never notice.

Good luck Roo and anyone else who get's a bad one. Fortunately, it's an easy fix which only requires removing the glove box and programming the new ECU to work with your existing FOBs.
That's great, sounds like there are two different high pitched noises coming from these cars, probably why it has been confusing to isolate. The one from under the engine cover is minimal compared to the discription of the bad ECU.

John
antennahead is offline   Reply With Quote