View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
I don't have any hard metrics to back this up - but I've followed the FM/VQ35 scene for about 5 years now, and the greddy kit easily had the majority of the forced induction market for the g35/350z.
I think the 370z is drawing a different target audience. I would have never bought a 350z. The 370z is lower, wider, shorter and has bigger tires, more power, more upscale interior, and is a higher priced fully optioned car yet more track oriented. The 370z is pulling Corvette buyers, Cayman buyers, 911 buyers, M3 buyers, RS4 buyers, GTR buyers. It's a different crowd. The polling numbers here suggest 75% want a supercharger kit to 25% that want a turbo kit.

Likewise, I am more impressed by a completely linear, tractable powerband from a SC kit that makes 400whp for 100k miles than I am by TT 611whp kit on a 94 octane tune that goes until it blows up. TT kits are fun to watch. Cool for someone else to own. But not for me. I don't have any Fast and Furious delusions that I am trying to live out.

I think it's great that 2 TT kits are on the market and a 3rd is coming. But, I'm trying to point out that from a simple economics standpoint that more money is to be made by the first company to get a SC kit to market and that more people should be putting their R&D dollars there.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote