View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2_S View Post
Is there any kind of lip on teh headlights to use high pressure clamps all around to get that hulk tight seal?? what about heating up the silicone again when you're re-sealing so it gets all mushy and you know it's all melting together vs gunking new silicone on top of old?

using an oven with conservative times and temps followed by a heat gun (if necessary) would probably be the easiest in terms of opening to cut the time and hassle down to about 30 minutes or less...

great write up btw........can't wait to try it....

SORRY!!! i totally missed this post... but heres my answer...
U can reuse the old silcone but im scared itll have lil spaces in between.. and it rains ALOT here (guam) where i live so i wouldnt want to have moisture in the headlights... and i think even if u super super heated the old sealant it doesnt really melt and move... it just sort of turns shiny and get mushy but it dont move really... as for the lip... u dont need the clamps... the headlamps themselves have screws that will give it that hulk tight seal u want be careful though u can tightin them so much that u can break the plastic inside that the screw threads on too.. so yah
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote