View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #38 (permalink)
Pushing_Tin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E63 AMG
Pushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
It's not even that. Usually they just enjoy the ease of apartment living. They don't have to worry about lawn care or even about selling their property if they decide to up and leave.

From a financial perspective, owning is always going to be better than renting if you assume that the value of the property stays the same or appreciates because you will get your mortgage payments back in a sale.

If you're renting, you're throwing that rental payment away and will never get it back.
I despise apartment living! I would get into some sort of altercation at least once a month with some douchebag blaring his music, or leaving his trash by our door etc.

To me the benefit of owing the home is (usually) appreciation of the property AND the mortgage interest write off every year, so the benefit is two fold.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote