View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
When I drive my Z in the cold, and the car is not warmed up yet, I hear a "clunk" coming from the front end wehn I hit a bump. When warmed up (the car, not the weather) it is quiet over bumps.

I thought I had something loose at first and got my car on a lift to check everything out and found nothing amiss. I also had the dealer look at it (I take my car in for a free inspection every 3 months) and they too found nothing.

It is a definite clunk-type sound -- not very loud, but definitley there. Could it be tires? Unknown. Maybe. who knows.
I get this too, even with my all seasons. I notice it more on days when it is a wet cold day. Goes away once warmed up, as you've noticed. I chalk it up to the endless list of "Yep, it's normal" noises.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote