View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #97 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Although I agree companies should take some responsiblity for doing adequate R&D before selling products, I think the issue here is moot.

I'm sure any warranty offered is for a locked tune and unaltered set-up. Meaning, if you change the tune or any major aspects of the set-up, you are effectively out of warranty.

Changing pulleys, headers, or tuning parameters will potentially greatly alter how the car runs, and that is beyond the control of the company that designed the kit.

If nothing was altered, car was driven normally, and something went pop, certainly the warranty should stand, and we could question the R&D of the company that developed the kit.

Here, I think, it's all wait and see...