View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

I will be tracking my Z and I want that level of protection. I used to take my G35 to Summit Point Speedway but have been holding off on the 370Z until I get an oil cooler. The Nissan Motorsports unit looked perfect until I realized it did not have a thermostatic capability. It can get cold in the winter in northern Virginia. From what I hear, the Stillen unit will be equivalent to the nissan motor-sports core and has a thermostatic sandwich plate.

I spoke with my dealer and they recognize Stillen as an approved after-market parts supplier. Do you know how many other companies they mentioned... other than Nismo... none. Of course, the dealer would have to do the install.

I am not saying that the Stillen unit is any better than just purchasing a Setrab cooler, Mocal thermostatic sandwich plate, and Goodrich lines. But at least Nissan recognizes this company. This should be worth the additional cost if you find your self in the unenviable position of fighting a warranty claim.

Stillen. Let me know when that beefed up thermostatic cooler is available. I will be the first one on the list.

Hey, cut me a deal and I'll place Stillen stickers on my Z...
ResIpsa is offline   Reply With Quote