View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #40 (permalink)
Dizzy
Base Member

Drives: 10 HW 6MT SPT/NAV
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
It would be worthwhile to find out and post that information on the forum. There are new members looking south for a car. Maybe they can let us know how they made out (with a new purchase).
Indeed, I would like to know that for futue reference. Same sort of boat as you. Bought mine in September last year and the availabilty Canada wide was non existant. I specifically wanted a White Sport 6MT Navi, of which there were non in Canada. So, I started looking south where I could find the car, but couldn't get past the hurdles of dealers not want to sell to Canadians, dealers not realising out of state sales could be done without tax and that all important US address for the warranty issues. In the mean time, my local dealer found a car that Nissan Canada happened to be bringing in as a show car. A little begging and pleading and he came through for me (nice to have friends that work in dealerships).

If anyone does successfully purchase south of the boarder and is able to overcome all the hurdles, I for one would love to hear how you accomplish it. I couldn't get all the pieces to lineup no matter how hard I tried.