View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econ View Post
why wouldn't he just buy a used "un-destroyed" one to turn into a track car, and not have to worry about structural issues.
True, but it's not beyond repair if you had the technical know how and mechanical skills. Most of the damage seems like its forward of the firewall. It doesn't look like the impact was that severe. Just a lot of missing pieces. I wouldn't trust it as a DD though. A lot of work to make right again, but it can be done.

I guess it all come down to how you define a track car. If your going to rebuild everything anyways, this wouldn't be out of the question and you could sell the stock parts.....although I guess an undamaged Z would be less of a headache.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote