View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
RedZed34
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z SR Sport Pkg
RedZed34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Mine is within .5mph, verified with my datalogger. I wonder if it will be different with my new tires.

Most stock cars will experience worse understeer with the giant tires in the back only, a set of springs are not going to make a huge different. The stagger tire is purely for looks on the 370Z, it adds no performance edge to most cars. If anything, it hurts it. Try racing at the track with 4 265 or 285 vs. 2 255 and 2 305, you will know what I am talking about.
^ Agreed... but being that I already have staggered wheels, I'm just trying to fit the most appropriate tires sizes for the given wheel widths. I dont want to stretch the tires, nor do I want to have tires that buldge... as I think performance (and safety) is sacrificed in both cases. I dont plan to track my car much at all (if any) so I'm thinking my setup will be fine for spirited street driving. Yes?
Fast Intentions Catback Exhaust | Blacked Out Rear Valance | Illuminated Kick Panels | 20% Tints | Volk TE37SL Wheels 19x9.5" +22 / 19x10.5" +12 | Bridgestone RE-11s | Swift Spec-R Springs | SPL Rear Camber Arms | Stillen Splitter | Tarmac Sports Side Blades
RedZed34 is offline   Reply With Quote