View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjanik View Post
No, I used a soldering Iron because the tip is small enough to just touch the solder patch on the LED's side. The contact patch where the solder is on the board is big enough that you just have to touch the solder and it will melt the LED loose on one side, then repeat for the other side of the LED.

when i put the new LED down, I did not use new solder, I just layed the LED down, used needle nose pliers to hold it in place, and then heated up the two solder spots again, which made contact to the LED's sides and that was it.

if you look at the last picture of the LED board I took, (the really blown up one), you can see that the contact patch is as big, if not bigger than the LED itself. plenty of room to touch the tip of the soldering iron with.
Oh, seriously? I didn't look hard enough, I guess.

...Okay, that's it, some red LEDs are coming my way. Thanks again for the write up and inspiration
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote