Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   ZCON 2010 (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/)
-   -   Well what do you know...ZCON 2010 Trophy Received (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/27074-well-what-do-you-know-zcon-2010-trophy-received.html)

Robert_Nash 10-28-2010 10:35 PM

Well what do you know...ZCON 2010 Trophy Received

Exactly 89 days following the event (just a wee bit longer than the promised 3 to 4 weeks :shakes head: ), I received my ZCON 2010 trophy in the mail.

I must say, it's a very nice trophy - it really is; and I'm sure it wasn't inexpensive. Under any normal circumstances I'd be very proud to have it.

But; these aren't normal circumstances and I'm not proud to have it - not after all that's transpired. I also didn't ever expect to have it!

You see...on September 30th, I told ZCCA to keep my trophy. I was very serious and, silly me, assumed they would actually comply with my request but apparently they didn't take me seriously and a month later, sent it to me anyway.

I could just throw it away I suppose or I could send it back (but I hate to wast good money on postage). It would have been nice to have had it with me at other events I was in during the summer but it's too late for that of course...the real irony is that tomorrow morning, I will be turning in the vehicle that won the trophy, my Black Cherry roadster, and picking up a new vehicle. Perhaps even more ironic is that had I not delayed turning in my roadster by a week the car would already be gone.

I suppose I should be thankful that the car and the trophy were at least in proximity to each other for a few hours before being forever separated. :rolleyes:

Robert_Nash 10-30-2010 10:54 AM

Having this trophy really bothers me - every time I look at it, bad memories surface. However, I think it would be a shame to throw away/waste such a nice trophy. So...I've been giving this a little more thought and I've come up with an idea that ought to make at least two people happy; myself and whoever would have won fourth place had there been a fourth place.

If ZCCA knows or can figure out who came in behind me in the voting, we'll just pretend I never entered the car show and then that way, whoever came in behind me in the voting will wind up in third place and qualified to have this third place trophy. I'll mail the trophy back to ZCCA and they can, in turn, mail the trophy to the other person - I have no doubt that whoever receives it will appreciate this trophy a lot more than I will ever be able to.

If that's acceptable to ZCCA then just provide me an address I should use to return the trophy as a post in this thread (or I can use the one one the box if that's a good one to use, again just post and let me know) and the trophy will be on its way.

This seems like a reasonable solution to me and everybody walks away getting something they want. :)

300twinz 10-30-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 788785)
Having this trophy really bothers me - every time I look at it, bad memories surface. However, I think it would be a shame to throw away/waste such a nice trophy. So...I've been giving this a little more thought and I've come up with an idea that ought to make at least two people happy; myself and whoever would have won fourth place had there been a fourth place.

If ZCCA knows or can figure out who came in behind me in the voting, we'll just pretend I never entered the car show and then that way, whoever came in behind me in the voting will wind up in third place and qualified to have this third place trophy. I'll mail the trophy back to ZCCA and they can, in turn, mail the trophy to the other person - I have no doubt that whoever receives it will appreciate this trophy a lot more than I will ever be able to.

If that's acceptable to ZCCA then just provide me an address I should use to return the trophy as a post in this thread (or I can use the one one the box if that's a good one to use, again just post and let me know) and the trophy will be on its way.

This seems like a reasonable solution to me and everybody walks away getting something they want. :)

Give me a f'ing break dude and get over it already :gtfo2:

Robert_Nash 10-30-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300twinz (Post 789160)
Give me a f'ing break dude and get over it already :gtfo2:

Guess I touched a nerve. :tiphat:

Perhaps instead of being an apologist for ZCCA you should be asking them questions about why what happened, happened (and for some, continues to happen as some are still waiting for their trophies).

Perhaps you could ask...

1. Why weren't the ballots for the People's Choice car show counted THAT DAY? Is it that ZCCA really doesn't give a flying you know what about the People's Choice show so counting the ballots just wasn't important to them?

2. Why did we have to sit through hours of a very boring non-awards awards banquet only to find out that we weren't going to find out if we had won an award and then to learn that even if we did know there weren't any awards to hand out anyway? Were they afraid no one would show up if people knew the awards banquet wouldn't actually have any awards?

3. Why did ZCCA promise trophies in three to four weeks when it has taken in excess of three months (with some people still waiting)? Is their trophy shop truly that incompetent or is the problem with ZCCA?

Those aren't unreasonable questions; at least I don't think so...maybe you do.

At any rate, what right do you have to tell me to "get the f**k out" of the370Z.com? Is it because I don't genuflect at the alter of ZCCA?

P.S. My name isn't "dude".

kevr6 10-30-2010 07:20 PM

Still no trophy for 2nd place 370Z from ZCON!
See my story here:
http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/233...rsports-2.html

Robert_Nash 10-30-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 789214)
Still no trophy for 2nd place 370Z from ZCON!...

...The judges at ZCON were to busy waiting in line to get autographs and do spectator things!! I used to judge VW/AUDI shows for years and you did have to work if you volunteered. I also feel if you not part of the core ZCON clicks you will not be treated fairly. A lot of these older guys all new each other and you could feel it heavily!

I think you hit the nail on the proverbial head; ZCCA is pretty much a country club and although you can pay your fee and be a "member" on paper; you aren't REALLY a member (if you know what I mean).

Mere acolytes do all the heavy lifting and have to play by ever-changing rules while the ruling class pontificates about how wonderful an organization ZCCA is and writes puff pieces for NISSAN Sport magazine so that they can pat themselves on the back yet again.

I'm am truly sorry about the screw-ups you've had to endure - you have a fabulous car...at lest Z1, not surprisingly, did you right.

NIZMOZ 10-31-2010 04:55 PM

Man I didn't think a grown man like Robert could act so much like a little girl crying. How many POSTS do you have to post to start crap on this subject seriously?
No one really cares anymore. Give it up.

blue660r01 10-31-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 790047)
Man I didn't think a grown man like Robert could act so much like a little girl crying. How many POSTS do you have to post to start crap on this subject seriously?

+1. Its a stupid trophy get over it.

Trips 10-31-2010 05:09 PM

Oh great! a Vent thread. Lol

m4a1mustang 10-31-2010 05:14 PM

What car are you trading the Z in for?

Xan 10-31-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang (Post 790067)
What car are you trading the Z in for?

Random guess.... 2011 Infiniti FX50s...

m4a1mustang 10-31-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan (Post 790070)

:tiphat: :icon17:

Robert_Nash 10-31-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan (Post 790070)

The FX50 replaced my Z, for the time being.

I have a Murano right now as well but I have a Nismo arriving in about two months and that will replace the Murano.

Robert_Nash 10-31-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 790047)

Why don't you ask Kevr6 how he feels about it Mr. Nizmo or maybe ask some of the other people ZCCA screwed this year?

As I suggested to your club brother, instead of being an apologist for ZCCA and doing such things as telling people to gtfo or calling them names, why aren't you asking some hard questions about what happened at the convention and even continues to happen? Why did three or four weeks turn int three+ months? Why was Kevr6 told his car placed second in the judged show only to have Cris Karl's Z show up in that spot in the published results? Do you and your cohort really think all this is unreasonable to ask of do you just not want to know the answers???

On another note; why are you two guys, neither of whom appear to own a 370, hanging out on a forum dedicated to the 370??? Don't they have forums for 350s and 300s?

Of course it's pretty obvious whey you are really here, other than apologizing for ZCCA; you seem to use the forum to drum up business for your Z club. Nothing wrong with that but before you and 300Twinz come into this forum and start telling people to gtfo or calling them names, perhaps you ought to SUPPORT THIS FORUM WITH YOUR MONEY like many of the rest of us do rather than just using it for free advertising.

Just a though...happy Halloween.