Nissan 370Z Forum  

Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports

Originally Posted by kevr6 I just got my 2011 trophy last week!! That will be my last ZCON trophy!! Are you kidding me? They are just now getting out trophies

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > The370Z.com Sponsored Events > ZCON 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #61 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr6 View Post
I just got my 2011 trophy last week!! That will be my last ZCON trophy!!
Are you kidding me? They are just now getting out trophies from 2011?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #62 (permalink)
Track Member

Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyZCSD View Post
No from 2010 Nashville, I know hard to believe,,,
Wow...just wow.

Well, rumor has it that Chris K is coming to ZATTACK in Nashville this April because my club does such a good job with the event that he want's to learn how we do it...the first words out of our President's mouth when he heard it at our January meeting was that maybe they (ZCCA) could start by learning how to count ballots! ROTFLMAO
Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #63 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Quote:
No from 2010 Nashville, I know hard to believe,,,
WOW!! I had a wait also but dag!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #64 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
Wow...just wow.

Well, rumor has it that Chris K is coming to ZATTACK in Nashville this April because my club does such a good job with the event that he want's to learn how we do it...the first words out of our President's mouth when he heard it at our January meeting was that maybe they (ZCCA) could start by learning how to count ballots! ROTFLMAO
Also judge all the cars!! Basics!! I will be at Zattack!!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #65 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Are you kidding me? They are just now getting out trophies from 2011?
if you only knew what happened behind the scenes with last year's ZCON... your anger/confusion/malcontent would be redirected strait at the ZCCA. will did every single thing he could (from what i've heard, from very reliable sources) to make sure the event went smoothly. you have no idea what it ended up costing him, literally and figuratively. honestly, this sounds crappy but at least ya'll are getting trophies. i agree (again) that the whole trophy situation is ridiculous and needs to be completely revamped.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #66 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
I just got my 2011 trophy last week!! That will be my last ZCON trophy!!
I too received mine last week for 2011. I had totally written it off.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
if you only knew what happened behind the scenes with last year's ZCON... your anger/confusion/malcontent would be redirected strait at the ZCCA. will did every single thing he could (from what i've heard, from very reliable sources) to make sure the event went smoothly. you have no idea what it ended up costing him, literally and figuratively. honestly, this sounds crappy but at least ya'll are getting trophies. i agree (again) that the whole trophy situation is ridiculous and needs to be completely revamped.
I've not doubt that the blame should fall right at the feet of Chris Karl and ZCCA.

Will and I talked at length, before the 2011 event, regarding what went wrong at Nashville and I trust him that he did everything possible to host a great event but I don't know what actually happened at the event because I didn't go to Savannah (nor will I ever again attend another ZCCA event).

This "trophy fiasco has now been an issue two years running...something is obviously VERY wrong. I don't know the root cause of the problem but there is no excuse for trophies being delivered months (or years) post event.

If things are getting so out of hand that a local club simply can't do a national convention well and/or without huge costs and/or without huge screw-ups at ZCCA then maybe it's time for the conventions and for ZCCA itself to end.

I attend several Z events every year all over the Eastern half of the U.S.and there is more than one of these events as good or better than the National Convention. Maybe ZCCA and National Conventions were needed 20+ years ago but they both may have quite possibly has reached the end of their usefulness.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #68 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Also judge all the cars!! Basics!! I will be at Zattack!!
Well...I'm not in charge of trophies for ZAttack but even so, I'm convident that you'll get your trophy before the event is over (at least as long as Chris K. isn't put in charge of counting the votes).
Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #69 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If things are getting so out of hand that a local club simply can't do a national convention well and/or without huge costs and/or without huge screw-ups at ZCCA then maybe it's time for the conventions and for ZCCA itself to end.
i'm not trying to sound elitist at all but the datsun guys will not let it die. i completely agree but there's too much "old blood" (literally and figuratively) in the ZCCA, imo, and i really don't understand how true Z people can be so closed minded about the idea of change. why be so conformist about the events? i know that bryan (from zdayz) helped will a LOT with the event and even then, it still got screwed up by the people who came in to run it. my impression is that the local club is supposed to set everything up, then the ZCCA reps come in and run it. and while that kind of makes sense to keep some uniformity from year to year, when the entire club falls apart 2 months before the event, there's a problem
Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
i'm not trying to sound elitist at all but the datsun guys will not let it die. i completely agree but there's too much "old blood" (literally and figuratively) in the ZCCA, imo, and i really don't understand how true Z people can be so closed minded about the idea of change. why be so conformist about the events? i know that bryan (from zdayz) helped will a LOT with the event and even then, it still got screwed up by the people who came in to run it. my impression is that the local club is supposed to set everything up, then the ZCCA reps come in and run it. and while that kind of makes sense to keep some uniformity from year to year, when the entire club falls apart 2 months before the event, there's a problem
Judging by what I know about how ZCCA operates, I suspect that the club falling apart was a direct result of the pressure of hosting the convention...ZCCA wants someone else to do the work while ZCCA takes the accolades (problems are always blamed on someone/something else).

I'm convinced that if Middle Tennessee had hosted the convention there would be no Middle Tennessee Z Club today.

But you are right; many in the leadership of ZCCA have been there since the beginning...and "change" is not in their vocabulary.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #71 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Judging by what I know about how ZCCA operates, I suspect that the club falling apart was a direct result of the pressure of hosting the convention...ZCCA wants someone else to do the work while ZCCA takes the accolades (problems are always blamed on someone/something else).

I'm convinced that if Middle Tennessee had hosted the convention there would be no Middle Tennessee Z Club today.

But you are right; many in the leadership of ZCCA have been there since the beginning...and "change" is not in their vocabulary.
yea that's usually true. seems like 9 out of 10 host clubs are usually broken up within a year or two of hosting a ZCON... what does that say about the event?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #72 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 10 370zST 6spd white
LennyZCSD is on a distinguished road

Ok, now in defense of the ZCCA Gang. I have read the Bitch reports and although there are problems those that complain don't usually raise their hands to HELP.
You must also understand that they all have Daytime jobs and do all this GRATIS!!
I have belonged to San Diego's Z club form almost 20 years and when elections or something that involves getting of your *** to help pop up you turn around and find you are all alone. Granted there are problems, your families has problem too, that's life. So unless you are willing to raise your hand and DO SOMETHING, pointing a finger at someone a bit uncalled for.
Putting on a Convention is a huge amount of work and to coordinate all so that is goes smoothly an amazing feat of talent and a lot of luck.
Go to the ZCON's and see your old friends make some knew ones...
LennyZCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #73 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Ok, now in defense of the ZCCA Gang...
You may have read the "Bitch reports" but I think you missed the main point.

No one is this thread ever implied that staging a major convention is easy but that wasn't the point and certainly not the point now...the point now is simply that there IS no rational defense for anyone to have to wait months or years to get stupid trophy from a stupid car show...NONE (even if you bold your defense).

The most rational excuses for ZCCA taking that long is either...

1)ZCCA doesn't give a s**t, or

2) ZCCA is incompetent.

I suspect it's equal measures of both 1 and 2.

Let me put it another way: In the amount of time people have been waiting for trophies an organization and trophy business could have designed the trophies from scratch, produced them all (including engraving the name of the winner given that it was done weeks/months post event) and gotten them delivered. It just doesn't take six or seven or eighteen months or more to get the job done.

I can't imagine any rational reason to explain why convention car show winners are waiting for months after the event to get their trophies and to have it happen two conventions in a row is truly beyond comprehension - two conventions in a row indicates some very serious systemic problems at ZCCA.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 02-07-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Let me put in another way...
Robert_Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

lol^
Old 02-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #75 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 10 370zST 6spd white
LennyZCSD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Have you received your trophy from ZCON 2010 yet?
Not yet but still hopeful....
LennyZCSD is offline   Reply With Quote