Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Nissan 370Z General Discussions (http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-general-discussions/)
-   -   Race Ramps Question (http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-general-discussions/19705-race-ramps-question.html)

Zeester 05-26-2010 03:17 AM

Race Ramps Question
 
What are all you lowered Z's using as far as ramps go ? Ive got my 370Z lowered on H&R Springs with some carbon fiber side skirts and oil changes arent as easy as before because there is barely any clearance to the jack points.

I was looking into purchasing a set of Race Ramps and im not sure if theyll work, anybody out there got these working on their lowered Z ?

AK370Z 05-26-2010 03:22 AM

My Z isn't lowered but I still scratched my front bumper on my Blitz ramp. So, I made a wooden step(I am still working on it) and it works pretty good. I don't think I want to spend 200-400 dollars on race ramp though I'm sure they are worth the money. My BlitZ ramp cost me $30 (or even less) from Pepboys 4 years ago!

Take a look:

http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...tml#post549005


http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/DSC03813.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/DSC03814.jpg
Width of the wood: 1.5"

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpAg1s905o

kenchan 05-26-2010 08:04 AM

Make sure you secure that adapter to the ramp itself when in use. :)

I too made my own adapter for my rhino ramp. :p not sure but HR lowers the car quite a bit... Might want to drive up onto some 2x4's and use a lift and jackstands.

dropped1 05-26-2010 12:24 PM

http://www.the370z.com/members/dropp...st-install.jpg

I've got the race ramps, and it clears just fine even without the race ramps roll ups. No boards necessary. Although, I am NOT lowered. You can get the extended version for very low vehicles.

They are expensive, but they will last forever. They are very well constructed, light weight, etc. Makes the blitz ramps look...well like $30 ramps!

kenchan 05-26-2010 12:31 PM

looks good!

VCuomo 05-26-2010 04:52 PM

I've also got the Race Ramps (but my Z isn't lowered), and the lower air dam clears fine.

SoCal 370Z 05-26-2010 04:57 PM

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love...I can't say enough, my Race Ramps!

P.S. AK, you're scaring the hell out of me, and it is obvious that instead of a beer fund, we need to start a Race Ramp fund for you.

SlikNik 05-26-2010 05:02 PM

Not lowered but maybe the video will tell you something
Race Ramps on Vimeo

SoCal 370Z 05-26-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeester (Post 550725)
I was looking into purchasing a set of Race Ramps and im not sure if theyll work, anybody out there got these working on their lowered Z ?

Before buying them you need to perform this test first: Race Ramp Ramp Test

djpathfinder 05-26-2010 06:07 PM

I may lower in the future, so I will likely get the 67" XT 2-piece and be done with it. But if you're in doubt, definitely do their test with the yard stick. I'm going to store my Z in the winter, so I'll get a set of the Flatstoppers too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropped1 (Post 551061)
I've got the race ramps, and it clears just fine even without the race ramps roll ups. No boards necessary. Although, I am NOT lowered. You can get the extended version for very low vehicles.

They are expensive, but they will last forever. They are very well constructed, light weight, etc. Makes the blitz ramps look...well like $30 ramps!

Dropped: do you find the small ramps under your front tires actually practically useful? They just looks so low to the ground still. Great photo, BTW.

shadoquad 05-26-2010 08:11 PM

AK, very effective device you've got there. Reminds me of my emergency brake for my high school car... See attached photo...

AK370Z 05-26-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropped1 (Post 551061)

Looks good :tup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z (Post 551356)
I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love...I can't say enough, my Race Ramps!

P.S. AK, you're scaring the hell out of me, and it is obvious that instead of a beer fund, we need to start a Race Ramp fund for you.

:icon18: haha .. I only lift the car 3 times a year (3 oil changes) therefore I never really thought about spending money on this though they look really good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoquad (Post 551565)
AK, very effective device you've got there. Reminds me of my emergency brake for my high school car... See attached photo...

:rofl2:

allenhhp 05-27-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK370Z (Post 550728)
My Z isn't lowered but I still scratched my front bumper on my Blitz ramp. So, I made a wooden step(I am still working on it) and it works pretty good. I don't think I want to spend 200-400 dollars on race ramp though I'm sure they are worth the money. My BlitZ ramp cost me $30 (or even less) from Pepboys 4 years ago!

Take a look:

http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...tml#post549005


http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/DSC03813.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/DSC03814.jpg
Width of the wood: 1.5"

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpAg1s905o

Ak,
I did mine extractly the way you did it and it works grat.
But I am really worried after I lowered my car whick will be my first mod.

Billarf 05-27-2010 06:37 AM

A terrific source to buy Race Ramps from is from Reverse Logic Limited ---> Low Profile Ramps & Wheel Cribs

Terrific to deal with, pricing excellent and Fred the owner gets them to you at super sonic speed. I've bought from him twice now and he is good to deal with and an excellent communicator.

370Zsteve 06-06-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billarf (Post 552244)
A terrific source to buy Race Ramps from is from Reverse Logic Limited ---> Low Profile Ramps & Wheel Cribs

Terrific to deal with, pricing excellent and Fred the owner gets them to you at super sonic speed. I've bought from him twice now and he is good to deal with and an excellent communicator.

+1 rep.

I second this, just got my Race Ramps from Fred @ Reverse Logic. Great price, solid customer service, shipped same-day.

As for the ramps, they are fantastic. I got the 2-piece 56" ramps. The ability to remove the lower portion of the ramp after the vehicle is raised gives you a ton of room to work. And the long ramp area gives great feedback to the driver as you drive up the ramps.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2