Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.the370z.com/forced-induction/)
-   -   A2A PVC Question... Catch Cans? (http://www.the370z.com/forced-induction/135171-a2a-pvc-question-catch-cans.html)

shawnberry45 11-14-2020 05:08 PM

A2A PVC Question... Catch Cans?
 
Hi everyone

I want to upgrade my PVC setup. What is everyone doing with there TopGunz A2A setups? Are you using catch cans? Anyone capping the two vents in the back of the stillen Plenum?

Optimiser 11-17-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnberry45 (Post 3971151)
Hi everyone

I want to upgrade my PVC setup. What is everyone doing with there TopGunz A2A setups? Are you using catch cans? Anyone capping the two vents in the back of the stillen Plenum?

I use one catch can that connects to the PVC's on each valve cover.
The vents on the back of the Stillen plenum (inlet manifold) are connected to what I can't remember now. I'll have look later and edit the post if I work it out.

shawnberry45 11-17-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimiser (Post 3971569)
I use one catch can that connects to the PVC's on each valve cover.
The vents on the back of the Stillen plenum (inlet manifold) are connected to what I can't remember now. I'll have look later and edit the post if I work it out.

Which catch can are you using?

That back connection is the brake booster

Optimiser 11-17-2020 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnberry45 (Post 3971572)
Which catch can are you using?

That back connection is the brake booster

Yes one is for brake booster and the other connects to both the (smaller) hoses on the valve covers via a T piece. The larger hose which on one valve cover actually connects to my catch can.
Not sure of brand as my shop fitted mine and there in no brand name on it.
I'll try and take a pic later.

Optimiser 11-18-2020 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my catch can.

DrBacon 11-18-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnberry45 (Post 3971151)
Hi everyone

I want to upgrade my PVC setup. What is everyone doing with there TopGunz A2A setups? Are you using catch cans? Anyone capping the two vents in the back of the stillen Plenum?

Currently I have a filter on all 4 outputs on the valve covers, ideally I would love a soho coolant/catch can combo but I just can't justify that $750 price tag for one.

shawnberry45 11-21-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBacon (Post 3971911)
Currently I have a filter on all 4 outputs on the valve covers, ideally I would love a soho coolant/catch can combo but I just can't justify that $750 price tag for one.

Yea that price is pretty steep!

So breather filters on each hole on the valve cover? How does it run? Any issues?
Which model filter did you go with?

DrBacon 11-21-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnberry45 (Post 3972402)
Yea that price is pretty steep!

So breather filters on each hole on the valve cover? How does it run? Any issues?
Which model filter did you go with?

https://i.imgur.com/WNTCHlBh.jpg

Same thing on the passenger's side (hidden by the stillen manifold). It's a bit janky but it works good enough, not "beautiful" by any means. However, if you are the LEAST bit sensitive to fumes/smells I would highly not recommend it, try to get the filters or catch can as far away from the passenger side cabin air filter as possible.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2