Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Exterior & Interior (http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/)
-   -   S2K Aluminum shift knob to replace OEM knob (http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/3599-s2k-aluminum-shift-knob-replace-oem-knob.html)

initialgemini 04-16-2009 11:37 PM

S2K Aluminum shift knob to replace OEM knob
 
For all you guys who have taken off the stock shift knob, do you know the threading specifications?

I'm thinking about slapping this baby on there
http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/crshift.jpg

I have a yellow 370z and i thought this ball knob would compliment our interiors. But first i need to know if it fits.

Skorch 04-17-2009 03:17 AM

Not a fan of that one at all. Good luck trying to get the shift boot to not be all loose under it - that ring hat holds the top of the shift boot is way too wide.

tranceformer 04-17-2009 07:46 AM

Just from what I've noticed in the past, Nissan and Honda seem to have different thread pattern when it comes to shift knobs. Things might have changed but Mazda, Toyota, Nissan shift knobs tend to have the same threads, while Honda has its own.

If you really want a shift knob that looks like that one and actually know for sure that it will fit, try a Team Voodoo shift knob. Just don't get an aluminum one.

initialgemini 04-17-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranceformer (Post 58384)
Just from what I've noticed in the past, Nissan and Honda seem to have different thread pattern when it comes to shift knobs. Things might have changed but Mazda, Toyota, Nissan shift knobs tend to have the same threads, while Honda has its own.

If you really want a shift knob that looks like that one and actually know for sure that it will fit, try a Team Voodoo shift knob. Just don't get an aluminum one.

Do have a link of where i can find that one. If you don't mind me asking... is there a problem with the aluminum knob?

sensi09 04-17-2009 12:36 PM

Here ya go, Rick's Team Voodoo Shift Knobs

They have Nissan fitments so it should be fine. There was a thread about a 350Z knob on a 370Z so you can check the fitment.

I was about to buy this shift knob before, but I think I went for a heavier knob or something like that.

initialgemini 04-17-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensi09 (Post 58465)
Here ya go, Rick's Team Voodoo Shift Knobs

They have Nissan fitments so it should be fine. There was a thread about a 350Z knob on a 370Z so you can check the fitment.

I was about to buy this shift knob before, but I think I went for a heavier knob or something like that.

Thanks for the link!

I've always liked the spherical knobs over the more common type of knob out. What other weighted knobs are out there?

sensi09 04-17-2009 01:41 PM

The tommy kaira shift knob is quite popular for the 350Z, but a bit expensive.

I have greddy weighted shift knob. Good weight (heavier than most), spherical and quite inexpensive.

tranceformer 04-17-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by initialgemini (Post 58457)
Do have a link of where i can find that one. If you don't mind me asking... is there a problem with the aluminum knob?

Aluminum shift knobs will heat up quickly during the hot summer months (depending on where you live) if you park your car out in the sun. You'll burn your hand, nothing fatal though.

initialgemini 04-17-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranceformer (Post 58525)
Aluminum shift knobs will heat up quickly during the hot summer months (depending on where you live) if you park your car out in the sun. You'll burn your hand, nothing fatal though.

hahaha I'm familiar with this. I had a weighted billet shift knob on my previous car, and I used to live in a desert area. luckily i always have a pair of weight lifting gloves in my car.

initialgemini 04-17-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensi09 (Post 58508)
The tommy kaira shift knob is quite popular for the 350Z, but a bit expensive.

I have greddy weighted shift knob. Good weight (heavier than most), spherical and quite inexpensive.

Do you have pictures? I'm really interested to see how a spherical knob would look in the car?

arcticreaver 04-19-2009 04:05 AM

i was wondering. can you replace shift knobs for automatics?

CantZme 04-19-2009 02:52 PM

Ill be real i like the stock shifter to be honest.

sensi09 04-19-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by initialgemini (Post 58554)
Do you have pictures? I'm really interested to see how a spherical knob would look in the car?

Sorry no pics.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2