Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (http://www.the370z.com/brakes-suspension/)
-   -   Brake light & TCS light (http://www.the370z.com/brakes-suspension/134988-brake-light-tcs-light.html)

BettyZ 10-15-2020 08:25 PM

Brake light & TCS light
 
Was accelerating onto the highway in 3rd gear, high RPMs, brake warning indicator light came on (the one that says "brake"). It went off when I upshifted, and then the traction control light came on and stayed on.

The e-brake was definitely not engaged. Only recent mod to the Z was new HFCs. This is the second time since the new HFCs went on that the brake warning light lit up at high RPM in 3rd gear, first time the TCS light went on though.

Thoughts, ladieZ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

zpwrgirl 10-15-2020 08:35 PM

I've had the same issue over the last month or so and just did get it taken care of (mostly because I didn't care).

Check brake fluid and fill above the fill line if it still "good". I recently had my calipers painted and it started right after. Doing this solved my problem.

Also check your brake pads. This wasn't my issue personally, but I've heard brake pads being bad can cause the issue as well.

That's all the advice I've got. Hopefully it helps.

BettyZ 10-15-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpwrgirl (Post 3965576)
I've had the same issue over the last month or so and just did get it taken care of (mostly because I didn't care).

Check brake fluid and fill above the fill line if it still "good". I recently had my calipers painted and it started right after. Doing this solved my problem.

Also check your brake pads. This wasn't my issue personally, but I've heard brake pads being bad can cause the issue as well.

That's all the advice I've got. Hopefully it helps.

Thanks! Brake fluid was changed 2 months ago. I'll check the pads.

Rusty 10-15-2020 09:35 PM

Check the brake fluid.

JARblue 10-15-2020 10:00 PM

You've been using those brakes :driving:

Make sure the brake fluid reservoir is filled to the MAX line. That will fix the light. Hard acceleration can slosh the fluid and mess with the sensor when the fluid level drops. Check the lines and the pad level to verify the reason for the fluid level dropping.

BettyZ 10-16-2020 07:38 PM

Brake fluid was about at the halfway point. Refilled to the max line. Took the Z out and went into high RPMs, no brake warning light or TCS light. Weird how the code throws but the CEL stays unlit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rusty 10-16-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyZ (Post 3965847)
Brake fluid was about at the halfway point. Refilled to the max line. Took the Z out and went into high RPMs, no brake warning light or TCS light. Weird how the code throws but the CEL stays unlit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Check your pads for wear. You have a set getting low. The next you replace the pads. Be careful. Because the fluid you put in. Has to come back out. When you push the pistons back in. It will push fluid out.

BettyZ 10-17-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 3965852)
Check your pads for wear. You have a set getting low. The next you replace the pads. Be careful. Because the fluid you put in. Has to come back out. When you push the pistons back in. It will push fluid out.

Well I am an expert at pushing fluid out :wtf2:

Rusty 10-17-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyZ (Post 3965966)
Well I am an expert at pushing fluid out in all the wrong holes. :wtf2:

fify

-ZS-Carpenter 10-17-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 3965852)
Check your pads for wear. You have a set getting low. The next you replace the pads. Be careful. Because the fluid you put in. Has to come back out. When you push the pistons back in. It will push fluid out.

:iagree: it's not really low on fluid you just have too much in the calipers. The fronts hold a lot when the pads are worn. It will fill itself back up (or overflow) when the pistons are pushed back in. :tiphat:

BettyZ 10-23-2020 08:29 PM

Swapped the posiquiets for stoptech streets today. The posis were not very worn. At all. Still had lots of beef left on the pad.

Makes me wonder if there's a leak in the lines somewhere. I re-torqued all the caliper bleed screws, none were loose. Havent seen any evidence of hydraulic fluid leak on the garage floor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tractionless 10-24-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyZ (Post 3967140)
Swapped the posiquiets for stoptech streets today. The posis were not very worn. At all. Still had lots of beef left on the pad.

Makes me wonder if there's a leak in the lines somewhere. I re-torqued all the caliper bleed screws, none were loose. Havent seen any evidence of hydraulic fluid leak on the garage floor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you have the old pad marcel removed from the rotors? If not the new pads may not perform well.

I notice the StopTech Streets LOVE high carbon blank rotors. TONS of initial bite, which I prefer on the street. :tup:

TacoSport10 10-25-2020 08:40 PM

I had this issue earlier in the year. Topped off the brake fluid reservoir and haven’t had an issue since.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2