View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
kevr6
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Still no trophy for 2nd place 370Z from ZCON!
I try not get into the bashing thing! But I do like folks to know what's going on. They overlooked my car at ZCON even after I went to the judges tent to make sure they had a chance to judge it before I left the grounds. I never saw any judges at all the whole day so that was why I did that. I was given the all clear from the head judge. (who then knocked my smart phone onto the ground damaging it because he talks with his hands flailing)
At the banquet Chris Karl never announced 2nd or 3rd for 370Z like he did with all the other models. I went up to him at his table and knelt down & asked while showing a pic of my car from my phone. He then said I should stay to the end because he's place me second. I stayed till the end and waited in line and then there were no trophies for the 370Z group. He asked me to write my info on a random floating piece of paper on the podium. I didn't have a lot of faith in this of course.

Then when he posted the results online, his stock NISMO 370Z is listed as second place 370Z. I immediately email him and we go back and forth and then the results were then changed again.
Now the 1 st place winners were Z1 motorsport's white 370Z. The Z1 guys didn't understand why their car beat my car based on visual comparison. Bottom line is that they already have a relationship with ZCON through Vendor participation. (Also a shop shouldn't be allowed to compete, unfair access to mods) I accepted that and would be happy for 2nd place though.

Well weeks passed and I went to Z1 to buy some things and they had their trophies!! They assumed I had mine. I at that moment I realized that I probably won't be getting a trophy.
So as you can see this is has been a very annoying experience. Chris Karl has let me down.

After staying late at the ZCON banquet, per his recommendation, I drove home late overnight in a storm and hit road kill at highway speeds damaging my front lip. If I left earlier I wouldn't have had that issue!

Now that Robert has gotten his trophy it makes me even more annoyed!

Chris Karl's article in Nissan Sport magazine also has a picture of his car and his wife's car. Annoyed me more once again!

When you put the time and money in something and your not treated fairly you tend to be annoyed!

Now at Z1 Nationals I was actually judged and took home some awards!! I would be happy with no awards as long as I am given the opportunity and I am judged.

The judges at ZCON were to busy waiting in line to get autographs and do spectator things!! I used to judge VW/AUDI shows for years and you did have to work if you volunteered. I also feel if you not part of the core ZCON clicks you will not be treated fairly. A lot of these older guys all new each other and you could feel it heavily!

Enough ranting from me!