View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 02:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
MrFancyPants
Base Member

Drives: 88 Alfa Milano Verde
MrFancyPants is on a distinguished road

But there is no need to buy it at time of purchase, you can buy it at anytime before the original warranty expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weapon View Post
After my 3years/36k miles was up, stupid little things on my 03-350z started breaking. I didn't get the warranty on that car because I thought, I wouldn't need it.

This car has a lot more technology in it than my 350Z had, like the bluetooth functions, and Nav Screen that controls practically everythign in the car so I decided I better get it. My dealer wasn't selling the Security Plus they sold a version called PAS (Partners Administrative Services)

I spent about $2500-$3000 fixing little crap here and there that wouldn't bother most people but I am pretty picky about keeping everything working like new on my cars. This time around I got the Warrantyfor my 370Z. It's the platinum warranty and I paid $1600 for it. It covers everything that broke on my 350Z. It does have a $100 deductiable per visit so if it's tolerable I'll wait for a few things to break to make sure it's worth my time/money to get fixed.

Things that crapped out on my 350Z:
1. Window motors both Driver/Passenger
2. Hatchback Struts
3. HVAC Amplifier Control (Expensive little f'er)
4. Rear Defroster
5. The sensor in the fuel line that tells you when you are full/empty would never read just right
6. Stereo stopped playing CDs (got aftermarket anyways but still I don't plan on going that route with the 370Z)
"At birth man is offered only one choice --the choice of his death. But if this choice is governed by distaste for his own existence, his life will never have been more than meaningless." --Jean-Pierre Melville
MrFancyPants is offline   Reply With Quote