View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 05:25 AM   #5374 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZTX View Post
Hey all! Cobb is going great. Really loving my time there. With Cobb money I'm looking to add a few things to the Z this summer. My summer wishlist:

- FI Resonated HFC (to pair with my FI CBE)
- UpRev tune once I get the F1 Resonated HFC
- SPL Bushings; any comments on what to get "first" on a DD with stock bushings all around?
- ADD W1 Oil Catch Cans (a bit iffier on these, but wouldn't mind the engine dress-up and anything that contributes to preventative maintenance while I continue to upgrade the 370Z as it is daily driven; 89kmi). Does anyone have any suggestions for another manufacturer for oil catch cans?
- Heat barrier wrapping my Gen3s; suffered a puncture last summer and don't want to go through that again. May be looking to replace the filters while I have them off @ ~30kmi (mostly highway), I feel like it's about time. Or do I "clean them" instead?
- 25mm wheel spacers all around on stock suspension with 19" Sport Rays
- Possibly a rear diffuser to complete the rear end look. Not too keen on cosmetic mods right now. Preventative maintenance and humble power gains!

I am not pursuing any suspension upgrades past my current front sway bar. Waco is an unforgiving mess.

Any suggestions as to what else I should be looking at for my 89kmi DD? All I have done to it besides a few cosmetics are in my signature. Cheers!
Text me to discuss further

FI HFC
Ecutek > Uprev (the only benefit to Uprev is if you want to tune your car yourself)
I would say don't bother with any SPL bushings at this point. Especially with the Waco roads unless you already have some failing. You can do the diff bushing if you want. Or FUCAs for ease of alignment.
Catch cans are not a bad idea. Probably unnecessary though.
Heat wrap is not a bad idea. Good if your IATs are excessive.
Don't replace the filters unless they are in really bad shape. You should be able to clean them one way or another. Either with a recharge kit (in the case of K&N filters) or compressed air (for dry filters). If the dry filter is really dirty you can soak it in a solution of water and Simple Green (or similar) - make sure it dries completely before reinstalling.
25 mm might give a little poke in the rear so make sure you're good with that. I commonly see 15-20 mm used with the stock sport wheels.
Rear diffuser

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote