View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:06 AM   #5362 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I removed all the trim pieces prior to arrival and I made sure the A-pillars and B-pillars were removed properly (we each did a side). Then I let the guy do his thing with the windshield.

Safelite came out Friday to warranty the windshield install. He had never done a 370Z but I just let it go. He pulled the windshield off and confirmed that the seal was questionable and made a note of the windshield leak. The B-pillar tabs broke so I'll get some new ones, and several of the A-pillar clips broke but I didn't have enough replacements on hand and need two more. And I need to figure out how to approach Safelite regarding the water damage to the airbag system and remote antenna(s). Figure worst case I'll file an insurance claim under comprehensive coverage since the damage was due to the windshield replacement.
B pillar tabs arent replaceable they're integral to the pillar. Call safelite and theyll buy and deliver new ones