View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #6003 (permalink)
1/4atatime
Base Member

Drives: Silver 2018 370z
1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017370ZBlack View Post
I wish the new Z would be offered with the VQ37VHR. I would be perfectly happy. My 370Z has Stillen intakes, Fast Intentions resonated high-flow cats, Tanabe Y-pipe, and an EcuTek tune from SpecialtyZ. It is putting out 303hp at the wheels, which translates into around 362hp at the crank. I also added an external oil cooler, and put in a ZSpeed CMAK clutch slave cylinder delete kit with a ZSpeed clutch and flywheel, and a Wavetrac rear diff. The car is pretty much bulletproof now, knock on wood.

SpecialtyZ told me that the 370Z engine is more robust than the VR30DDTT. The VR30DDTT is a great engine, but it is higher maintenance than the N/A VHR engine to be sure. They say it drinks more oil than the VHR. More costly to fix if something goes wrong long-term.

My guess will be that the Z will have the same two engine choices as the Infiniti Q50/Q60- 300hp or 400hp (probably tuned a little higher for each), and the Nismo would probably be around 435hp whenever that is released. I would guess the Nismo model would not be released at the start and would come later.

There's no way the cost of the 400Z will start at the same price as the base 370Z. The engine is more complex and more costly to manufacture; there will be a lot more safety features standard; the interior is upgraded. Hopefully other things like the rear diff is upgraded. Nissan isn't a charity operation and they need to make a profit on the cars they sell.
I agree the VQ is the better engine by miles I mean look at what SOHO is doing to these engines. I am highly doubtful we will see something like that out of the VR30. Also as far as I understand from the q50/q60 forums Infinity hasn't fixed the engine's throwing a belt and blowing up so yeah I'm going to pass on a VR30 engine in a Z. Nissan is literally about to make the recalls on the Supra look like a joke. The only reason you don't hear about the engine's blowing on a q60/q50 is because not many people have one so the issue isn't getting much attention.

Did any of my post help you or just feeling nice?Give Rep|Add me to your friends list|View My Build "The real you is who you are when ain't nobody watchin" - NF
1/4atatime is offline   Reply With Quote