View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #3467 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 370z 6MT
-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I'm just wondering how high it can get... I'm not sure it will be enough to roll out the transmission sitting on the transmission jack from under the car. In which case, it's probably not worth it to me.

I can get the car up on four jack stands without much effort now. The minimal hassle saved with a QJ just doesn't seem worth a $1300+ investment. Especially when I consider that I can get a 2 post lift for an 8' tall garage for $1700.
No way it's high enough to roll a trans out on a jack. It's only like 22" unless you get one of the higher end ones. Maybe if you had blocks tall enough. Even then I'm unsure if it would be high enough. My stands are 21.5" and I need to raise the front another 4" to get the trans back under the car.

Not knocking the QJ I think it would be great for oil changes, tire rotation, brakes and exhaust work. If I had the room and an extra grand burning a hole in my pocket I'd get one. Too many parts to buy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
-ZS-Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote