View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #7372 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
When I was a young buck, I wanted to work every day. I spent 8 years traveling Michigan and about 6 other northeastern states building boilers and heat treat furnaces in power plants, foundaries and steel mills.

It was fun at the time
I had enough of the 18+ hour days and the 'day on, stay on' while I was on active duty.

I spent 7 years at Garmin in their customer repair section. I worked on a little bit of everything from avionics to handheld units. We were 'graded' on how much we put out daily, weekly & monthly. I put more units out, with less than a 5% 'second return' rate, than the next 3 techs. and I STILL caught hell because I wouldn't volunteer to work overtime....

The current job won't pay overtime, so when I travel, it gets really interesting. There have been a couple of trips that I hit 40 hours before I got home...