View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
vman12
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z roadster M6
vman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond reputevman12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilardZ View Post
For what it's worth:

I've had the "fifth bow rubbing" issue since day 1 of my 2017 touring roadster. I did have the dealer replace the bungees within the first couple of months, and it "fixed" the problem for like 3 times of opening the top. Then the top starting hitting the tonneau cover again. I have tried the adjustments described in the manual, but the problem persists. I finally gave up, and just live with the extra noise and clunkiness.

As you'll see from searching this forum, it's a very, very common problem, and most dealerships have so little experience with the roadster that they really lack the skills to work on the top mechanism.

I hope your dealer is correct in claiming that Nissan engineers are designing a fix, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The earlier "fix" of new bungees certainly hasn't helped, in my experience.
I noticed the lid scratches the roof cover material when opening/closing. The dealer told me not to open the roof until it's fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
vman12 is offline   Reply With Quote