View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
sub_reaper
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z MB A7
sub_reaper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 140BPM View Post
I know that our headlight assemblies are a bit more complex than most, but someone has to got to be able to fab some aftermarkets at a fraction of the dealer retail price. I think there is a ton of $ to be made here.

I know I would buy 2 sets! One for shows and one to stay legal - yeah, PA sucks. My current stock ones are basically junk thanks to the previous dumbass owner who apparently tried to 'restore' them with a steel brush or something. I've done the proper sanding and plastic restore procedure but there are still some very deep gouges that are very noticeable. Almost looks like someone took a flathead to them and tried scraping something off. I just can't bring myself to pay the stealership that much money for a lense housing.

So yeah, please please please, somebody, headlights!!!
Will with Retroworks here.

370Z Replacement lenses may be in the works.
OEM spec and high quality UV resistant polycarbonate lenses for less than $400/set.
Production will take 4-6 months and will need at least 150-300 buyers.
Just looking to the groups/forums for interest to see if they are worth me putting the money into for mass production.

I spoke with the R&D team again this morning about it, should have some more information tomorrow, but they're going start sizing things up to figure out what the actual costs will look like.

I have currently over 200 ppl really wanting this to happen.

Hopefully Z1 might want to jump on this as well!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk