View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #680 (permalink)
R1talin
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z Nismo 6MT
R1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond reputeR1talin has a reputation beyond repute

So I've run into a few issues (not that they are bad, but they are issues) with this project that have triggered my OCD and decided I'd throw them out there so anyone considering this is aware or for anyone that has went through it knows I feel their pain.... and for those that have looked at this thread said to yourself “why would you do that?”....can crack a cold one and enjoy my pain...

so for a recap I decided to install Morimoto XBT halos on the upper and lower headlight shrouds (along with retrofitting a projector lens to the upper housing), Morimoto XBT demon eyes and Morimoto zoomerangs and since I had the front end off, wire my fog lights to a switch properly....

#1 Zoomerangs are awesome but they are crazy super bright! So I decided to wire them to a switch so I can control when they are on/off but wire them into the turn signals so they will operate as turn signals at all times...but for the white on/off I want that wired to a switch.

#2 Similar to above I want to be able to control the halos independently with a switch and not have to rely on the key fob being in the car/ignition and the car on in accessory mode or any mode that would require that, so wire them to a switch as well and they will operate as turn signals at all times.

To provide for the above I've decided, the best way to do so is to build a separate relay/fuse block to control the the fog lights/halos/Zoomerangs independently of the car being powered on....as long as the switch is pushed on for the fog/halo/zoom it will be on.

In testing everything has proven out.....

so the last week has been spent hooking up everything the way I want it to work and proving it out. I stared all the final wiring this weekend and hope to be done by Monday.

Here are a few pics.....

where to punch through the firewall into the cabin:
IMG_8342 (Large).JPG

secondary to the pic above, where the wire come thru on the floor:
IMG_8331 (Large).JPG

Switch wires all soldered and shrink-wrapped.... soldering is so satisfying
IMG_8332 (Large).JPG
Fuse block built to take power in from the battery, thru the fuse to the relay to provide power between the switch and the accessory (fog/halo/zoom)
IMG_8329 (Large).JPG
switches after being installed in the blanks and about to be put together......Thanks Nissan!
IMG_8344 (Large).JPG
R1talin is offline   Reply With Quote