View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Baronsmokes
Premium Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
Baronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erob View Post
Hey all,

I realize there will be varied opinions on this and that's fine. I'm hopeful to get some good input.

I feel Roadster owners bought their Z for reasons other than just because it's a Sports Car. I enjoy riding my motorcycles and still do, however, I also enjoyed my Fiance' riding with me. But after her reading many stories in our local newspaper about riders being injured or worse due to wrecks, she became increasingly uncomfortable about riding on the back of mine with me. To the point she no longer will ride. So I looked for another option which is what lead me to my Z Roadster, same open air feel but much safer. And yes she loves it as well. Now, after owning my Z for 2 years, I find I am having increasing concern over the reliability of the convertible top. My Z is a 2010 model with only 51,000 miles, strictly a pleasant weather car. It sits in my garage when not being played with. I have been researching other Roadsters and have a great interest in the Mercedes SLK 350. The overall reviews of the car are excellent and from what I've read the top gives little to no trouble plus it's a hard top instead of a soft top. I must admit, due to the constant worry that one day my Z's "top not working you're screwed now" alarm will sound, I am strongly considering parting ways with my Z and moving on to the Mercedes. From info here on the forum I realize a removable hard top is being developed by a private person but I struggle with paying $1500+ considering the top must be removed every time I want to drive it.

Has anyone owned or currently own the Mercedes SLK 350? Experiences with it? Thoughts on parting ways with my Z? I like my Z allot....BUT.........

Thanks for reading and any constructive thoughts.
I have owned a lot of convertibles over the years.American,Italian and German.
All have had some issue with the top.Life with a roadster.I do not think you can find a worry free top on any brand.
Enjoy your Z.
SLK 350 has had engine and transmission problems.
Baronsmokes is offline   Reply With Quote