View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
aozmaxed
Base Member

Drives: 240Z RB26DETT
aozmaxed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeshear View Post
I haven’t driven a mew and old Z back to back, but 2016+ also has active noise canceling and active noise enhancement (noise canceling and fake engine sounds) if that is a deal breaker for you. The clutch action and bite isn’t my favorite in my car (2015) but I don’t remember the new ones blowing me away. It’s probably noticeably better driven back to back.

To echo what the others said, a lightly used recent car can easily save you a bunch of money compared to new. From what I’ve seen, the engines are pretty stout with routine maintenance. Just csc/cmc and oil temp at the track, so a medium or low mileage car shouldn’t scar you off. Come to the dark side!
I'm still and have always been a Z/Fairlady fan, that's why the interest before it's gone. Here's the thing, I did own an '08 G35S 6MT and I hated the clutch, very touchy to modulate even after monkeying with the pedal adjustment nut for a little more play. Does this gen Z still have the same issues? That G35 clutch action was pretty annoying, even my 240Z was easier to modulate LOL.
aozmaxed is offline   Reply With Quote