View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #274 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind.zero View Post
I have a 2011 NISMO with 38k miles. Luckily, mine failed in the garage.

That's besides the point, because mine had the latest 48700-JF00D part revision. This proves Nissan's fix is worthless.

I called the closest dealer which happens to be Courtesy Nissan. The SA I spoke with was well aware of the problem but said "the 2011 year model and your VIN" are not part of the voluntary service campaign. She quoted me almost $1,500 for the repair.

So I resorted to using the well documented methods of fixing it myself. In the end, I had to buy a new SLU 48700-JF00D from Courtesy at the cost of right at $700. I changed out the part myself and no surprises here, the car fired right up.

I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and opened a case. The agent said the same thing as the dealer, the same old story of your car used a different supplier so you are not included in the campaign. After some arguing she gave me a case number and said a regional person would call me.

I doubt anything will happen but this is my first and last Nissan. What a poor excuse of how to fix a SAFETY issue.
First, go pull the fuse if you haven't already. Then, if I were you, remove the new unit, return the new one, and get your money back. I don't think you need to have one installed. Or maybe you do and you need to install the old broken one. Regardless, if you pull the fuse correctly, the car should work just fine without the new unit

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote