View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #273 (permalink)
wind.zero
Enthusiast Member

Drives: NISMOSIS
wind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of light

I have a 2011 NISMO with 38k miles. Luckily, mine failed in the garage.

That's besides the point, because mine had the latest 48700-JF00D part revision. This proves Nissan's fix is worthless.

I called the closest dealer which happens to be Courtesy Nissan. The SA I spoke with was well aware of the problem but said "the 2011 year model and your VIN" are not part of the voluntary service campaign. She quoted me almost $1,500 for the repair.

So I resorted to using the well documented methods of fixing it myself. In the end, I had to buy a new SLU 48700-JF00D from Courtesy at the cost of right at $700. I changed out the part myself and no surprises here, the car fired right up.

I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and opened a case. The agent said the same thing as the dealer, the same old story of your car used a different supplier so you are not included in the campaign. After some arguing she gave me a case number and said a regional person would call me.

I doubt anything will happen but this is my first and last Nissan. What a poor excuse of how to fix a SAFETY issue.

On a side note, there won't be any good will reimbursement for me. I don't trust the dealers near me and perform all my maintenance myself.
wind.zero is offline   Reply With Quote