View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #272 (permalink)
Alex100
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Red
Alex100 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2011 model, and my Steering Lock module failed 3 days ago at the worst timing possible (11:30pm in a public parking, first day of freezing temp in Dallas, with rain and wind, and I had a flight to catch the next morning at 9am).

I had the exact same symptoms. The car wouldn't start (not even the electrics) and I got the key light/indicator on the dashboard. I managed to tow it to the dealership (after I towed it to my place first, since it failed on a Sunday night), and they confirmed it was the steering lock failure. They refused to repair it for free, as expected, and the repair set me back $1340. On top of that, the dealership gave me the shortest warranty possible for the new module: 12 months. Really? 1 year of warranty for a module that is bound to fail again in the future? F*k off!

I'm really disappointed that this seems to be the exact same failure as the previous models (09 and 10) and the later models aren't included in the extended 6 years warranty. Really disappointed by both my dealership (they know this is a known manufacturing fault, they should have offered the minimum repair cost possible to their customer) and Nissan.

I intend to call Nissan and ask for some/all of the repair money to be reimbursed. If that doesn't happen, I'll probably sell the car within 2016 and never buy a Nissan again.
Alex100 is offline   Reply With Quote