View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 10:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ommateal
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z sport 6m
Ommateal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinojos View Post
I had something similar happen a very long time ago when I still new to driving a manual Z. I would put in gear, But not fully in the "slot" and the tranny would spit it back out. Maybe your not putting the shifter fully in gear it was reacting the same way it happened to me by kicking it out. Hasn't happened since then, I've noticed that you need to revmatch even when up shifting or the gear wont go in. So letting the revs drop back down before you try to engage the gear.

Just a thought, I know its a long shot, but couldnt hurt to share my experience.
Thanks man, I have had gear popouts on a diff car before that I think started to have a bad syncro and this deff wasnt it, I checked other gears as it happened and it still had no power.

Something happened again a few days ago actually, but im pretty sure this can now be chalked up to fuel starve issue actually.