View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #758 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

I am a huge Z fan. Ive owned 2 350z's and a Nismo 370z. What I suspect if the new Z is released and they don't cut from the lineup (its always a possibility) is the following.

Nissan has made numerous comments about a revolution not evolution as well as a lighter more compact car. I actually test drove a BRZ the other day for fun and the size felt ok for my 5"9 150 pounds but I couldn't imagine that car for a larger person. The new Z will need to be larger then that but still retain a weight of 3000 pounds or under to compete with a 4 cylinder turbo option.

That being said the BRZ weighs around 2700ish pounds. With 200hp it is very slow.
If the new Z can shoot for a sub 3000 weight and having a lower end 4 cylinder turbo option with 240-260hp and a V6TT option with around 400hp they would then beat out the FRS/BRZ with the lower end and the mustang/Camaro end with the upper end.

Pricing would need to be appropriate like below
Base Z35- $28,000-$31,000 (4 Cylinder Turbo)
V6TT Z35- $38,000- $45,000 (6 cylinder turbo)

There should also be a significant exterior change for the 4cyl vs the 6 cyl.
One thing I hate about the Mustang is ALL models pretty much look the same. Nissan needs to make the higher end like a top of the line Vette vs the base.
Things like functional vents, carbon parts, lower stance, bigger brakes etc for the higher performance model.

I will say as of right now for 2016 new model cars there is nothing I would buy. The new STI is ugly, The EVO is dead, the 2016 370z with the noise cancelling crap, Honda and Toyota offer nothing, the new mustang is fun to drive but where I live its like the most common car purchased. THe brs/frs is just too damn slow for me coming from a Nismo 370z and a modded 350Z.

I am very hopeful in Toyota or Nissan releasing something amazing in the next 2 years that will be like the 90s where amazing Japanese cars ruled the car world!