View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #78 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
I don't. The Z is definitely not your best bet for the fastest thing you can buy for the money and hasn't been for quite some time. What it provides though, is an experience you won't find in anything else available, and if that's what you like then the Z is what you're getting, because that's all there is.

If they could make a Mustang that drove like a sports coupe should I would buy one in an instant, but so far I have not been impressed with any of the ones I drove vs. the Z - and I'm well aware that both of them would put down better lap times than my NISMO on most tracks. They just were not exciting to drive in the slightest outside of the first couple of rushes from the V8's power.
I almost bought a 5.0... then I drove my NISMO. While noticeably slower, it feels like a much more sorted package than the Mustang, and WAY better than the Camaro SS that I also cross-shopped. Slower, yes. More fun, hell yeah! And still not anemic and cheap feeling like the Scibaru I tested first.

To be fair to the 5.0 though, it's not a sports coupe and never was; it's a powerful 2-door cookie cutter that you can turn into whatever you want. The aftermarket on those cars is 2nd to none so if you have money and like to mod, it's a great choice.
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote