View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #46 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: 370Z NISMO Tech
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Yeah, sucks they created more drag for the 2015 Nismo.
Question is, does the changed gear ratio make up for it?

Since were on the topic of 2015 flaws: those "red lips" on the front bumper are position oh-so perfectly as road rock magnets. Unless you baby the hell outta your car and avoid the Interstate (who does that with a sports car), it's going to get pitted and scared. Because it's a shiny red color, those marks show up so awesome in bright light. I suppose it's a plus that they're plastic prepainted clip-on, but if you're OCD about car damage you might wanna stockpile a few in storage.

***EDIT***
The reason why scars show up so easy on them, is because the red paint is only a "micro-millimeter" thick over a gray plastic. When that paint is nicked off, the dull plastic underneath shows so well. It probably wouldn't be so bad if Nissan used a red plastic under the paint... but for whatever reason it's not.

***EDIT 2***
It was relayed to me that the aforementioned parts are colored Nissan AG2 (Aztec Red?) for anyone using the touch up option. See EDIT 4 below.

***EDIT 3***
I ordered some AG2 to compare with the "red lips" of the 2015 Nismo. While the red color matches, there's this "metallic" sheen to the paint that is not in AG2. Doing some personal research I've discovered a color called "Sparkle Red" by Dupli-Color. Supposedly Nissan calls this color "A15" in their inventory code... but I can't find anything like that from Nissan. I've ordered a sample of Sparkle Red from Dupli-Color to do some on-hands investigation... or possibly mixing a bit with "AG2" to see if it works. Will report findings ASAP.

***EDIT 4***
Experiment complete. Sparkle Red (A15) is the correct touch up. Has the metallic part to the color. Matches exactly.

Last edited by Nargrakhan; 12-22-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote