View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the DIY! I finished doing a flywheel yesterday.

If using the "spin the driveshaft" method to align the splines, put the transmission in gear, the driveshaft will stop spinning once it pops into place.

My transmission took some work to pull and replace. It took quite a bit of "wiggling" to remove it. To put it back on; once I knew everything was aligned properly there was still a good half inch of space between the engine and trans. I ended up having to pull the trans in by tightening a bolt on either side. The bushing was very tight.

Also, I question whether it is necessary to remove the crank position sensor for this task. On my '13 trans, the CPS hole is split in half. I was able to put the trans back on with the sensor bolted in place.
aszyd is offline   Reply With Quote