View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
ituan
Base Member

Drives: 11 PW 370z sport mod
ituan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtodd View Post
I used enough extensions to move all the way down the tunnel. Probably 36-48" at least
this is exactly what i end up having to do! granted i had to wait till the following day to get some more extensions but it worked out perfectly. and using a impact is useless in this situation. learned that the hard way

oh and one more thing. you can actually get to the crankshaft position sensor through the top. much much easier IMO.

Steps to get the crankshaft position sensor through the top (if you arm is small enough):
1. removed the passenger intake piping where it connects to the throttle body.
2. place some type of good light at the bottom of the car so you could see where things are at and see where you're working.
3. reach down to where that "heat shield" is that is right next to the sensor and feel around for the 10mm bolt.
4. unplug the sensor, use a 1/4in ratchet with a 10mm socket attached to remove the bolt.
5. removed bolt carefully as to not let it drop into a random area, then extract the sensor through the top.

I found this method to work very well and easily. if you move parts around correctly, you actually could see the sensor and the bolt. Also it doesn't hurt to climb on top of the motor and reach down for the bolt.

Last edited by ituan; 03-23-2014 at 03:35 PM.
ituan is offline   Reply With Quote