View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #161 (permalink)
tcarretti
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
tcarretti is on a distinguished road

Sad update on my part...

Initially, I was enjoying the changes from adding the UD pulley. I had put on about 500 miles or so and started noticing a couple of drops of oil under the car when I moved it. Also started noticing a slight vibration so I called the mechanic that installed it and he came over to check it out. Turns out it wasn't seated properly and was wobbling. I should have known better and taken it to a shop to have done. I told him to just put the stocker back on. I asked if it was still leaking, thinking it was coming from the front crank seal.

Anyway, he puts the stock pulley back on and says it's all good for now. I get the splash panel washed out and spray down the front of the engine to remove any residual oil... That night I'm STILL smelling oil so I crossed my fingers and took it to the dealer. Sure enough, the front crank seal is bad now. They replaced it under warranty and I'm just hoping that no other damage was done by the bad install.

Just a reminder that when you have bits installed, make sure that you know everything is done correctly. I feel like an idiot now, and it's going to take a little while before I trust my car again to be free from defects. I hate this feeling...

This in no way should reflect on NST. Their service and product were great, I just got unlucky with a bad install. Now I have an expensive paperweight as the inner sleeve has a nice uneven groove in it from where it was spinning incorrectly.