View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #817 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up New record....

Well, on Wed I learned Jimmy was renting the track Fri Dec 14 at Atco. Hmmmmm.

I just returned for a lonnnng drive there and back. Worth every mile.

Five runs: 11.39, 11.54, 11.13, 11.36, 11.13.

That's right: TWO 11.13's within an hour. All around 122-123mph.

Here's the first proof:

I have videos from within and from the outside. Conditions could NOT have been better for me. Cool crisp 50° air, good traction and having both Jimmy and his lead tech Kenny; watching, observing, making recommendations and supporting me. They told me what to do and I delivered.

(STAND on the throttle and then leave. Build up the boost! Don't short shift. Run it to 8000 rpm.) Best 60' times Ive ever had. Three times in the 1.6's. 17.5 lbs boost. 93 oct pump gas only.

Anyway, I'll compile the vids over the weekend. I lost a day at work, so tomorrow I'll be too busy.

Once we did the FIRST 11.13, they did what they could to see if we could knock 14 hundredths of of that, but it was already maxed with this combo. I know what it will take to go tens, when the time comes. Gears and a different torque converter.

VQ's making it happen!

Coop