View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #816 (permalink)
Hermitns
Base Member

Drives: 11 370 auto
Hermitns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop View Post
I dunno the comparisons, but it may surprise you...

The Corn Blend 'garbage' is actually e10, a step closer to e85. That's all measured in percentages.

For a turbo kit the 10% ethanol is like adding an octane booster. We can produce MUCH more power with 93oct + 10% ethanol than, say, CA at only 91 Hi-oct no eth.

Of course tuning is what is necessary to take advantage of the octane levels, and that's what I've had done.

YMMV.

Coop
Yea, what I mean by garbage is that it requires MORE fuel (this is what I've heard) and higher pressures to burn efficiently (kinda like lo grade diesel) and that we were duped by environmentalists into producing the stuff. 2 gallons of standard fuel required to produce a little more than 1 gallon of etho. remove the subsidies and only a few could afford to run it daily.
back to original question tho....anyone run pure gas only vs etho blend and see any difference or is the fuel delivery system set up more toward etho?

BTW, got one of them new iphone thingies (welcome to the 21st century) and I'll be able to post my slips when I get home.
Hermitns is offline   Reply With Quote