View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #815 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitns View Post
Got a ??? for you. I've been seeing stations advertise No Ethanol gas. Everywhere I get mine, it's 10% eth or less. Knowing it takes more eth to make the same fire....has anyone compared "pure" fuel power to the corn blend garbage? Maybe I can pick up the last 1/10th I need.
I dunno the comparisons, but it may surprise you...

The Corn Blend 'garbage' is actually e10, a step closer to e85. That's all measured in percentages.

For a turbo kit the 10% ethanol is like adding an octane booster. We can produce MUCH more power with 93oct + 10% ethanol than, say, CA at only 91 Hi-oct no eth.

Of course tuning is what is necessary to take advantage of the octane levels, and that's what I've had done.

YMMV.

Coop