View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st View Post
So is it a must that we use ester oil in our 370Z? There is another thread on here stating that the Gtr is the only one that requires the ester oil. The 370Z isn’t a requirement but more of a suggestion. Can anyone confirm this. Thanks

I Also called around on oil changes with ester highest in my area $89.99 cheapest $69.99.
It is right in you manual: ester is a suggestion not a requirement.

DEpointfive0: have you had UOA's performed? With your stated background you are likely more well informed then 95%+ of non-chem folks regarding the blends and requirements of the lube Curious how its performing for you. Few UOAs I have seen don't do too well with a few measurements.

If it was an excellent base stock and performed well I have no problem spending a few more washingtons on the oil change, but to date I have not seen it being special. Other group IV/V base stocks from the likes of Redline etc...appear to perform much better.

Not trying to debate the better oil: just see how yours is performing and how you personally feel. I am awaiting my first report from my 5/30 PU sampling

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote