View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st View Post
So is it a must that we use ester oil in our 370Z? There is another thread on here stating that the Gtr is the only one that requires the ester oil. The 370Z isn’t a requirement but more of a suggestion. Can anyone confirm this. Thanks

I Also called around on oil changes with ester highest in my area $89.99 cheapest $69.99.
No, it is NOT a requirement, it CAN help with valve chatter, that's about it... valve chatter is not going to hurt your engine...

Now, I don't want to make it an oil debate because we'll be nowhere... But I PERSONALLY like and believe in their Ester oil. Just coming from a chem background, I like it...

There is a SUGGESTION from Nissan. It's more pushed on the 2009's because they are more prone to consuming oil. (At 3 of the 4 dealers I have taken my car into, they give me free Ester oil changes with my Nissan service plan because I have a 2009, if I had a 2010, regular oil would go in.
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote