View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Yes that's why I said "That's Crazy expensive" ended up with Mobil 1 Synthetic instead.

And yes they placed a sticker on my windshield my next oil change is at after 7.5K miles.

I guess different stealership has different definition of oil change intervals. Which I suppose not.
Maybe I'll just change it after 5K miles.
God bless the dealers... Infiniti and Nissan dealers state that if you use synthetic, your oil change intervals are twice as long, this practice is generally regarded as true, and 7.5k miles isn't necessarily a lot for synthetic oil... (I'd say too much for a stock filter though.
But getting back to it, Nissan's ester oil is at LEAST a synthetic blend... I don't think anyone can confirm if its full synthetic.

All I know is that my car runs a LOT better/cooler with their oil.

If you DO want to run it, tell the parts department to match almost any other dealer for $10/qt, buy a filter of your choice from your nearest Walmart for a max of $9, or $12 if you go for Bosch, and then pay the dealer to swap your oil, most have some BS $20-30 promo all the time, and just say look, labor on a $30 oil change is at MAX $20, charge me $20 to be a happy customer, and you'll pay $80 for your peace of mind Nissan Ester Oil

(If you're content with Mobil 1 (great stuff in my opinion, don't like it for this car though, but to each his own) go to Walmart, buy a nice 5 quart jug for... I think they're up to $25, for regular and $27 for extended performance, buy the filter and do the same thing with the dealer, you'll get your Mobil 1 oil change for a max of $60, and hopefully you can talk them down to $50)
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote