View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #54 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, terrible night at the track. One of my worst nights in a while.

First run ----- 13.5 @ 106 mph, 2.1 60ft. - didn't get on the throttle quick enough, wheeeeeeelhop

Second run-- 13.6 @ 106 mph, 2.3 60 ft. - tried to stomp the gas pedal sooner/harder, spun pretty badly at the launch

adjusted the tire pressure from 25 psi to 22 psi to help the car hook up better and then they cleaned up the track a bit too.

Third run ---- 13.5 @ 105 mph, 2.2 60ft. - BOGGED at the launch

so now the car is actually getting traction, decided to launch from 4400 rpm instead of the usual 4000 rpm.

Fourth run --- 13.6 @ 105 mph 2.2 60ft. - bogged slightly less, I think I didn't get on the throttle hard enough when the tires gripped / the rear squatted

Fifth run ---- 13.6 @ 104 mph 2.1 60 ft. - tried to launch a little harder this time with marginal result, lost 1 mph cuz I hotlapped.

Lined up for the final run of the night and then some car broke down. Said f*ck it and left... drove home a bit disappointed.

For those who care, the DA's were about 1700ft on average for the night. ~82 degrees on avg.

For those that are curious about what usually I do for each run:
Typical night for each run about 25 psi on the rears, inflate the fronts to 40 or 50 psi if i have time. The I'll flip the switch on the dash (wired to the brake light fuse) then do a quickie burnout to warm up the tires. Line up and rev up to 4,000 rpm, let out the clutch quickly and mash the gas pedal. Lift on every shift. Then I'll try to let the car cool off minimum 30 minutes between each run, 45 to 60 mins if the motor gets really hot (180+ degrees). And of course adjust from run to run to make things work.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote